I’ve an issue the place darkish pictures look fairly noticeably completely different relying on what opens them, and particularly, on Chrome and Firefox. I am conscious that is due to color administration variations between applications.
So what I need to do, is make it in order that my pictures look persistently the identical between all of the applications I take advantage of on my laptop. Particularly, I need a picture to look the identical because it seems in a browser, as a result of finally that is how my pictures will probably be considered. If I am ever getting some printed, I will take care of print profiles and stuff then. For the aim of this, I solely need to have the ability to view pictures in browsers, and I need my very own viewing expertise to imitate that of the browsers individuals use.
I do not need to make any configuration modifications to my browsers – I need them to be roughly the defaults that “everybody else” will probably be utilizing.
I am comfortable to configure each different program I take advantage of in order that they match, as shut as presumably, the viewing expertise in an internet browser.
I take advantage of IrfanView, ACDSee and Photoshop. All help color administration. I am testing in Chrome and Firefox. Each supposedly help color administration.
However I am getting vastly completely different outcomes and after many hours of trial and error, it is doing my head in.
The closest I can get to all the pictures being the identical in every single place is that if I disable color administration fully in IrfanView and ACDSee, and strip the ICC profile from the pictures so that they’re untagged (which is my regular workflow anyway), after which use “Proof colors: Monitor RGB” in Photoshop, which is a trouble.
What I need is that this:
- I need JPG pictures which include no metadata and no ICC profiles (I run them via jpegoptim –strip-all) to show the identical in all browsers. In my testing, they appear to do that. (I consider browsers assume they’re sRGB)
- I need these pictures, if I open them in IrfanView, ACDSee, or Photoshop, to show (on my monitor), the identical as they show in Chrome and Firefox (on my monitor)
The one means I’ve been in a position to obtain this in testing thus far is to make sure no picture incorporates a color profile, and disable color administration in IrfanView, ACDSee, and use “Proof colors: Monitor RGB” in Photoshop. In any other case any app with color administration on shows the pictures noticeably otherwise to the browsers, and Firefox shows pictures with an embedded sRGB color profile otherwise to these with none profile (despite the fact that all the things on the web assures me this shouldn’t be the case because it ought to assume sRGB?)
I additionally need to have the ability to:
- I need new pictures I’m opening, say from my digital camera, which in all probability do include an sRGB ICC profile, to show the identical in Photoshop whereas I am enhancing them as they’ll show within the browser.
- The one means I’ve managed to do that is to make use of “Proof colors: Monitor RGB”, which is a trouble as I’ve to recollect to toggle it on for each single picture
- I might additionally like them to show in ACDSee, or IrfanView, the identical as they’ll once I open then in Photoshop, and ideally the identical as they’ll after they’re considered in a browser (although technically no unedited picture will ever be considered in a browser, so so long as they show the identical after enhancing, I assume it is okay)
Contemplating I’ve (theoretically) calibrated displays with their very own profiles, and Chrome and Firefox and all of the apps I am utilizing are all supposedly colour-managed, it looks like I am doing one thing fallacious right here, however I’ve tried each mixture I can consider settings over the previous a number of hours and the one factor that comes near being constant amongst the varied apps – most significantly, between each Chrome and Firefox – is stripping the color profiles from the pictures, and turning off colour-management in all my viewing apps.
I’ve learn quite a few posts on the matter, however sadly, none have actually helped.
I really feel like this have to be a typical difficulty, as a result of lots of people have to be like me and take digital pictures, and edit them just for the online.
What ought to I do!?