I am having a tough time to discover a community configuration for a system that I am creating. I begin by stating that I am not a community knowledgeable, so i am sorry for one thing that’s not so effectively defined.
I am creating a system that’s composed by three linux units. One in every of them is an HTTP Server. Till now all three linux units had been configured to have Fastened IPs (192.168.1.20/24 – 192.168.1.21/24 – 192.168.1.22/24). This fashion any laptop (Consumer) within the community might entry the HTTP server.
Now I am making an attempt to combine my system into a 3rd get together system. And right here comes the issue.
- This system wants entry to the HTTP Server.
- This system has a hard and fast IP 235.* .* .* .
- This system has a DHCP Server
- This system is non-obligatory. Generally is current within the community, typically just isn’t.
- My HTTP server must get hold of an IPv4 tackle by way of DHCP (from this third get together system)
- The HTTP server must promote the HTTP service to the third get together system by way of multicast DNS.
I could make this method work by configuring the HTTP server to get a dynamic IP from the DHCP server (235.* .* .*).However this fashion:
- the customers on the community lose entry to the HTTP Server.
- after I join my system to a router and to the third get together system it is problematic (as a result of now my system is linked to 2 DHCP servers – router and third get together system).
- when neither the router nor the third get together system is linked there isn’t any DHCP server within the community, and I lose entry to the HTTP Server.
Attainable options that I attempted however was not in a position to make it work:
- A number of IPs within the HTTP server (one Fastened and one dynamic). Downside when there are 2 DHCP servers.
- Entry by way of host title (customers don’t have to know the system IP to entry to it) -> this fashion I can have simply the dynamic IP. I feel this answer may deliver drawback in different networks.
Does somebody has any ideia what may very well be the community settings for the HTTP server and the opposite 2 linux units?
I’ll depart right here additionally a diagram of the community (I dont know whether it is effectively performed or not however it may assist):
Issues in gray are usually not at all times current within the community.
If one thing just isn’t effectively defined please simply ask. I am new right here 🙂