I’m persevering with some legacy code for a sport in Unity3d, and I need to write some useful checks meant for regression, to make sure I do not break issues when implementing new issues or when refactoring.
I already know there’s the ‘Unit Take a look at Instruments’ suite for Unity3d obtainable as an asset. I’ve used it as a unit-test suite, so I check my fashions (courses).
Instance of what sort of check I’m serious about
For “useful check” I imply issues like this:
- Run this system
- When within the menu scene, assert there’s a button that claims “begin”
- Click on it
- Then assert a brand new scene is loaded
- Assert pixel XXX is crimson
- Click on in coordinate XXX
- Assert now that the pixel modified to inexperienced
- and so forth.
Q1: How do I write and run useful checks for my sport? Is that this additionally usually executed within the UnityTestTools (UTT)?
Q2: If UTT is extra for Unit-Testing, then is there a separate suite for useful testing? Which one?
I am targetting Android, and operating