I am on Ubuntu 20.04 and utilizing Firefox 76.0.1 as my Net browser.
For some purpose, the audio on sure Websites comes by as a garbled, fuzzy, unintelligible mess. This doesn’t occur on each web site; I can watch movies on YouTube positive all day lengthy, however any video on Twitter is unwatchable. System audio—Clementine, Rhythmbox, Skype, VLC, and so forth.—is all positive.
For instance, here’s a recording of how this video sounds on my pc.
- I’ve tried headphones, but it surely made no distinction
- I’ve run by each configuration inside Sound Settings – none made a distinction
- I’ve tried Firefox in protected mode however the problem persists, so it isn’t my extensions
- I’ve tried on one other pc however the problem persists, so I do not assume it is hardware-related
- I’ve tried Chromium and the video sounds positive, so I feel it should be a Firefox problem
- I haven’t got any
speech-dispatcherprocesses operating (per this reply)
- I’ve disabled
media.webspeech.synth(per this reply)
- In contrast to a number of related problem experiences (e.g., this one) this problem doesn’t go away with time and occurs each single time for sure websites (however by no means for others)