I’ve already requested this query within the rclone discussion board, however sadly we weren’t capable of finding an answer. Most individuals there appear to be Linux customers, so I believed that I may need higher luck right here, since that is undoubtedly a Home windows 7 difficulty.
My setup: Home windows 7 x64, rclone v1.51, WinFsp 2020 v1.6.20027, 900/100Mbps web.
The problem: After I mount a cloud drive (through the
rclone mount command within the command immediate, began as a consumer with out admin privileges), I can navigate the drive, stream movies, rename and transfer folders with none issues in Home windows Explorer, however after I as a lot as proper click on on a file (or attempt to transfer/rename it) the window turns into unresponsive for minutes and I’ve to pressure cease it. Rclone mount retains working within the command immediate and I can open one other Window Explorer window for the mounted drive afterwards.
I attempted the next:
- altering folder view
- disabling thumbnails
- reinstalling WinFsp
- rclone beta
- disabling preview pane
- disabling Home windows Search
- disabling Home windows Firewall
- disabling anti-malware software program (Microsoft Safety Necessities)
- sfc/scannow (no errors besides TS_BrokenShortcuts.ps1 and TS_UnusedDesktopIcons.ps1, which I modified
myself; I changed them with the unique recordsdata)
- altering some community adapter settings (ecn, congestion supplier, rss)
- ccleaner (besides registry)
- Superfech is off
- Indexing is off
- Distant Differential Compression is off
- As I discussed, this solely impacts recordsdata, not folders. All operations on folders are moderately quick.
- The problem will get significantly higher with FileZilla Professional, however some unresponsiveness nonetheless occurs. I attempted different Home windows Explorer replacements, however except for FileZilla and fman, it is just about the identical as with Home windows Explorer.
- I examined this on a tool with Home windows 10 and the issue would not happen there. I can rename/transfer recordsdata and the adjustments are just about instantaneous.
- After I choose a file in a mounted cloud drive, Home windows Explorer reveals a (inexperienced) progress bar within the tackle bar; it appears to be doing one thing with the file even upon deciding on, however Idon’t know what. This doesn’t occur with folders.
What may very well be inflicting the issue?