The present workflow we’ve got in place at my firm with reference to git is:
- Develop on a department
- Push now and again
- When performed growing, open a pull request in Github
We’ve got a reviewers on that pull request the place they remark solutions for enchancment. Nevertheless a number of the adjustments they’re requesting might be made earlier within the improvement cycle, quite than ready until im completed.
I’m suggesting to the crew lead that the workflow must be completely different. Somewhat than ready until I’ve completed my code till different builders remark, wouldnt it make extra sense for them to remark whereas im growing? I believe this might catch many bugs earlier within the dev cycle.
What are the professionals and cons of this method? Is that this a nasty concept?
- I create a brand new pull request once I begin a brand new venture
- Shall we say I add some code and push
- I touch upon the pull request asking the reviewers what they consider the change.
- They remark again and I implement the change