State of affairs:
- I create a brand new IAM consumer and select “AWS Administration Console entry” for “Entry sort”.
- For “Console password”, I select “Customized password” and set a password.
- I connect a coverage to the consumer permitting full entry to all AWS assets.
- I sign off of the console.
- Then I’m going to https://$MY_ACCOUNT_ID.signin.aws.amazon.com/console. I enter my Account ID, IAM consumer identify, and password. Each time I strive logging on this means, I get a message that claims “Your authentication info is inaccurate. Please strive once more.”
Nevertheless, if I create one other IAM consumer and select “Autogenerated password” as an alternative of “Customized password”, I can log in with this consumer.
I’ve tried choosing completely different choices when creating the consumer, however the one distinction between it working and never working appears to be selecting “Autogenerated password” as an alternative of “Customized password”.
Am I doing one thing incorrect? This reply is the one associated data I might discover.